The Capital Chapter ISCEBS invites you to join us, for this informative and engaging program, with national known-speaker, Samuel Henson, CEBS.
ERISA is one of the most cumbersome and complex laws employers must navigate, and no employer can afford to sail without a plan. The risk of being selected by the DOL for an audit has never been higher. With an increased enforcement emphasis, a world of litigation, and healthcare reform (maybe?), the DOL’s activity is presenting employers with difficult compliance obligations. Avoiding a DOL audit is the ultimate goal, but if selected, plans must be prepared in order to achieve the best outcome. Learning objectives of this workshop will include:
- Understand how the DOL is organized and operates;
- Learn about the authority of the DOL under ERISA and what your fiduciary rights and obligations are;
- Recognize how and why your Retirement and/or Health plans are selected for an audit, including red flags;
- Learn about the process of the audit, what the DOL is looking for, what your obligations to provide information are, and what you can expect to occur from beginning to end;
- Get tips and best practices to make the process run as smoothly as possible; and
Discuss what’s in store for employers in 2017.
Speaker: Sam Henson
VP Director of Legislative
& Regulatory Affairs, Lockton
Time: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Lafayette Centre Bldg. 1 South
1120 20th St. NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
Members and Non-Members are welcome.
Program includes Continental Breakfast.
Cancellation Policy: Full refund if requested within 48 hours’ notice of the event.